Dr. Donald E Deering
Office: 2487092871 Pawley Hall
Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm (by appointment only)
- Testing & Assessment in Counseling
- Clinical EEG & Psychophysiology
- Introduction to Mental Health Counseling
- Family, Couple & Child Counseling
- Legal & Ethical Issues in Counseling
- Intro to Clinical Assessment & Diagnosis
- Intro to Community/Agency Counseling
- Case Conceptualization & Treatment Planning in Counseling
- Techniques of Counseling
- Internship in Counseling (Masters & Doctoral)
- Internship in Psychology (Masters & Doctoral)
1. Married with 2 boys.
2. Enjoy traveling, golfing, community and friends.
TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
1. Comprehensive Multidisciplinary Healthcare Practice Management
2. Practice Development, Expansions, Co-operatives, Mergers, & Acquisitions
3. Strategic Planning, Process Improvement, & Quality Control
4. Academic Alliances for Research & Graduate Internship / Residency Programs
5. Governmental & Private Sector Contract Procurement & Maintenance
6. Multi-site Management of Diverse Facility Settings & Various Provider Types
7. Fifteen-year Track Record of Entrepreneurial Ability & Business Acumen
1. Comprehensive Psychological & Neuropsychological Evaluations
2. Independent Medical Evaluations (IMEs)
3. Quantitative Electroencephalography (qEEG) Assessment
4. EEG-Biofeedback, Cognitive/Behavioral & Integrative Therapies
5. Comprehensive Interdisciplinary Treatment Planning & Supervision
6. Licensed & Nationally Board Certified Provider / Supervisor
7. Child, Adolescent, Adult & Geriatric Populations
ACADEMIC, PERSONAL, & PROFESSIONAL HONORS:
American & Michigan Mental Health Counselors Association, Board Member at Large (2009-Present)
American & Michigan Counseling Association, Professional Member (2008-Present)
Michigan Society for Behavioral Medicine & Biofeedback, Board Member & Past President (2005-Present)
The Enclave of Troy Community Association, Executive Board Member (2006-Present)
International Society for Neurofeedback & Research, Honored Member (2000-Present)
The Renaissance Club - Detroit Business Chapter, Young Executive Member (1999-2002)
PSI CHI - The National Honor Society in Psychology, Inducted Member (1998)
Golden Key - National Honor Society, Inducted Member (1998)
Psychology Club – Oakland University Chapter, President (1996-1997)
PSI CHI – Oakland University Chapter, Vice President (1996-1997)
Americorps - Oakland University Chapter, Corp Member (1995-1997)
Assoc. of Governing Boards of State Universities for Outstanding Students Award (1997)
Michigan Community Service Award Finalist; Presented by Governor John Engler (1997)
Association for Applied Psychophysiology and Biofeedback, Member (1995-Present)
Biofeedback Certification Institute of America, Fellow (1995-Present)
Team Leader; History and Development of Attachment Hierarchies Supervised by: Robert B. Stewart, Jr., Ph.D., Chief Advisor, Professor, & Chair of Psychology Department, Oakland University (1995)
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.): Psychology, Specialization in Health Psychology / Behavioral Medicine
Published Dissertation: Analysis of Quantitative Electroencephalographic (qEEG) Patterns in Fibromyalgia Patients as Compared to a Normative Database.
Prescott Valley, Arizona
1999 - 2008
Masters of Arts (M.A.): Counseling, Post-Graduate Specialization in Mental Health Counseling / Psychometrics
1997 - 1999
Bachelors of Arts (B.A.): Psychology, Minor in Sociology / Health Sciences
1995 - 1997
Associates of Arts (A.A.): General Studies, Concentration in Psychology, Sociology & Health Sciences
Macomb Community College
Clinton Township, Michigan
1992 - 1995
LICENSURES & BOARD CERTIFICATIONS:
Counselor – (Licensed Professional Counselor - Michigan License # 6401007472)
Psychologist – (Doctoral Educ. Ltd. - Michigan License # 6301011203)
Board Certified Counselor, NBCC* (NCC # 57230)
* National Board for Certified Counselors, Inc.
Board Certified EEG Practitioner & Fellow, BCIA* (Practitioner #1295)
* Biofeedback Certification Institute of America
PUBLICATIONS & RESEARCH:
JHargrove, RBennett, DSimons, SSmith, SNagpal, DDeering (Pending). A Randomized Placebo Controlled Study of Non-invasive Neuromodulation in the Treatment of 77 Fibromyalgia Patients. Collaborative Research Project: NeuroHealth Institute, Kettering University & McLaren Hospital; Journal of Rheumatology. Submitted: August, 2010.
JHargrove, DSimons, RBennett, SSmith, SNagpal, DDeering (2010). Quantitative Electroencephalographic Abnormalities in Fibromyalgia Patients. Collaborative Research Project: NeuroHealth Institute, Kettering University & McLaren Hospital; Journal of Clinical EEG & Neuroscience.
JHargrove, RBennett, DSimons, SSmith, SNagpal, DDeering (2010). Oral Presentation: A Randomized Placebo Controlled Study of Non-invasive Cortical Electrostimulation in the Treatment of 77 Fibromyalgia Patients. American College of Rheumatology’s Annual Scientific Meeting, Atlanta GA. November, 6-11, 2010.
JHargrove, RBennett, DSimons, SSmith, SNagpal, DDeering (2010). Abstract: Non-invasive Cortical Electrostimulation in the Treatment of Fibromyalgia. Arthritis & Rheumatism, October, 2010 Publication.
DDeering (2008). Dissertation: Analysis of Quantitative Electroencephalographic (qEEG) Patterns in Fibromyalgia Patients as Compared to a Normative Database, Northcentral University; NCU Dissertation Database & ProQuest Publications.
DDeering & JWhite (2000). Neurotherapy: A Solid Alternative to Medication. Nursing Excellence, June/July issue. Holmes Publishing, East Lansing, MI.
DDeering & JFawcett (1999). Mild Traumatic Brain Injury and Neurobiofeedback. Nursing Excellence, June/July issue. Holmes Publishing, East Lansing, MI.
Faculty & Site Supervisor - Oakland University, School of Education & Human Services, Department of Counseling, MA & PhD Programs (2004-Present)
Core Faculty & Faculty Advisor - University of Phoenix, College of Health & Human Services, Departments of Counseling & Psychology, BS & MSC Programs (2009-Present)
Site Supervisor - University of Detroit Mercy, Department of Psychology, MA & PhD Programs (2009-Present)
Site Supervisor - Michigan School for Professional Psychology, MA & PsyD Programs (2009-Present)
Site Supervisor - Wayne State University, School of Medicine, Independent Study Elective Program (2009)
Adjunct Professor - University of Michigan - Dearborn, School of Psychology, MS Program (2008-2009)
Faculty - Genesys Regional Medical Center, Genesys Learning Institute (2006-2009)
Adjunct Professor - Madonna University, School of Psychology (2002-2003)
Graduate Preceptor - Center for Humanistic Studies, School of Psychology (2000-2003)
Graduate Preceptor - University of Michigan - Ann Arbor, School of Social Work (2001-2002)
Comments? Questions? Contact the web development team.