Dr. Mark Olson
Assistant Professor, Science Education
Department: Teacher Development and Educational Studies
Office: 470F Pawley Hall
Phone: (248) 370-2638
Web Site: http://sites.google.com/a/oakland.edu/mark-olson/
- Winter 2011: I'm happy to meet with you at your convenience--please email for an appointment.
- Teaching Secondary Science SED427, SED428, TD528
- Teaching Secondary Mathematics SED428
A former high school physics and mathematics teacher, I also have worked with science and mathematics teachers in Tanzania and Vietnam. I am especially interested in better understanding how people learn to teach and I love to think about how science and mathematics open up new ways of thinking.
- Science and Mathematics Education
- Secondary Teacher Education
- Teacher Learning
- Probeware and Graphing Calculator Technologies
- Ph.D. Science Education, Michigan State University
- B.A. Physics & Mathematics, Concordia College, Moorhead, MN
- Truxaw, M., & Olson, M. (In press, 2010). Pre-service mathematics and science teachers’ inquiry into new literacy practices of the internet. Journal of Technology and Teacher Education. 18(3).
- Olson, M. & Truxaw, M. (2009). Preservice science and mathematics teachers and discursive metaknowledge of text. Journal of Adolescent and Adult Literacy, 52(5), 422-431.
Comments? Questions? Contact the web development team.