Dr. Timothy Gilman Larrabee
Associate Professor Science Education
Department: Teacher Development and Educational Studies
Office: 470 G Pawley Hall
Phone: (248) 370-4614
- EED305 - Teaching Science at the Elementary-Middle Levels
- EED420 - Managing the Classroom Environment for Diverse Learning
- EED573 - Multicultural Education in the Schools
- EST582/CNS560/SE590/WGS382 - Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and Education
- SCS105 - Science for the Elementary Teacher
- Elementary-Middle Teacher Education
- Elementary-Middle Science Education
- Social Justice and Equity in Education with an emphasis on lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender youth
- Qualitative Research Methods
- Ph.D., Education, University of California, Davis
- M.S., Instructional Leadership, National University
- B.S., Psychology, University of California, Davis
- Larrabee, T., & Kim, Y. (2010). Pre-Service elementary teachers’ perceptions of family: Considering future instruction on lesbian- and gay-headed families. Journal of Research in Childhood Education 24(4), 251-365.
- Larrabee, T., & Morehead, P. (2010). Broadening views of social justice and teacher leadership: Addressing LGBT issues in teacher education. Issues in Teacher Education 19(2), 37-52.
- Larrabee, T. (2009). Inclusive classrooms in Michigan: Creating space for LGBT students and families. In S. Alber (Ed.), Voices in teacher education (pp. 83-91). New Lenox, IL: High Tide Press.
- Larrabee, T., & Morehead, P. (2008). Prospective teachers’ reflections: Responding to a call for LGBT-inclusive classrooms. International Journal of Multicultural Education, 10(1).
- Larrabee, T. G., Scott, C. L., Bolak, K., Graetz, J. E., Chaney, M. P., Vazzano, J., Phelps, A., Ttooks-Reznik, T., & Bhargava, A. (2008). Weaving the threads of diversity: A school of education’s reflection on current practices. Issues in Education: Preschool through Graduate School, 1(1), 43–50.
- Athanases, S. Z., & Larrabee, T. G. (2003). Toward a consistent stance in teaching for equity: Learning to advocate for lesbian and gay youth. Teaching and Teacher Education: An international journal of research and studies, 19(2003), 237-261.
- Thomas, S. R., & Larrabee, T. G. (2002). Gay, lesbian, bisexual and questioning youth. In J. Sandoval (Ed.), Handbook of crisis counseling, intervention, and prevention in the schools (pp. 301-322). Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum.
Comments? Questions? Contact the web development team.