Here are the details about the item. If you wish to request this item, just click on "request this item", below. Otherwise, you can go back
to the previous page by clicking "back" on your browser toolbar or by clicking on "return to resource list", below.
Title: Parenting Your Asperger Child: Individualized Solutions For Teaching Your Child Practical Skills
Author: Sohn, Alan; Grayson, Cathy
Asperger's Syndrome is a form of autism--but with the right guidance, these children can go on to live happy, fulfilling lives.
In Parenting Your Asperger Child, Dr. Alan Sohn's and Cathy Grayson's groundbreaking Cognitive Social Integration Therapy (CSIT) offers practical solutions that help parents prepare their children for a fulfilling life of social interaction outside the confines of their syndrome, addressing such topics as:
- The six characteristics of Asperger's Syndrome
- How to identify a child's type of Asperger's--and the best approaches for dealing with it
- Understanding how an Asperger's child sees and interprets the world
- Replacing inappropriate coping techniques with productive skills
- How to survive and learn from a crisis
- How school programs can aid in teaching Asperger children - Making changes that last
[Return to the Resource List]
[Request this Item]