E-Learning and Instructional Support (ELIS)
E-Learning and Instructional Support (ELIS) Address

Distance Learning Complaint Process for Out-of-State Students

Online students attending Oakland University courses or a degree program from out-of-state should attempt to resolve any issues or complaints directly with Oakland University. The process for filing a complaint related to academics can be found in the Student Handbook online.  Contact the instructor, the chair of the department, and then the dean of the relevant school.  All other issues, such as discrimination and equity concerns,  should be filed with the Dean of Students. Please try to follow all possible avenues of complaint before going outside of the University.

However, if an issue cannot be resolved internally, you may file a complaint about Oakland University with your State by referring to the List of State Agencies in compliance with federal Department of Education regulations. You may also contact our accrediting agency, North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, Higher Learning Commission.